Important items to bring with you for the day:
- Enough food for the duration of your trip (& a water bottle or drink to take on the kayak with you)
- Insect repellent
- Camera plus a spare memory card, spare batteries
- Raincoat, warm hat or sunhat plus warm jacket/fleece
- Swimwear (for under the wetsuit) and an extra dry set of clothing
- Spare soft shoes & warm socks to use for in the kayak
- Any personal medication that you require for the duration of the trip
- In a small carry bag or day pack (dry bags or plastic bags are provided)
- If you are camping overnight you will need all items to be self sufficient for the night i.e. tent,sleeping bags, cooking equipment etc.
Note: please come prepared for both wet/cold and fine weather as conditions can change quickly.
Once you leave Pearl Harbour at Manapouri there is no opportunity to visit a shop to purchase items – please have everything with you that you need for your trip as you will leave shops behind for the duration of your trip!