Important items to bring with you for the day:
- A packed lunch (& a water bottle or drink to take on the kayak with you)
- Insect repellent
- Camera plus extra film and or spare memory card, spare batteries
- Raincoat plus warm jacket/fleece
- Swimwear (for under the wetsuit) or an extra set of clothing
- Spare soft shoes & warm socks to use for in the kayak
- In a small day pack or small carry bag
Note: please come prepared for both wet/cold and fine weather as conditions can be changeable throughout the day. Large tramping packs are not suitable to bring as storage space is limited but we can store luggage items for you at our office.
Once you leave Pearl Harbour at Manapouri there is no opportunity to visit a shop to purchase items – please have everything with you that you need for your trip as we will leave shops behind for the duration of your trip!