We operate predominately double sea kayaks (with a single available if you have an odd numbered group of people).
These are fully equipped with all required safety and paddling gear. All have dry storage compartments front & rear with steering rudders.
We supply with your kayak rental:
- longjohn wetsuits
- colour laminated maps
- dry bags
- first-aid kit
- bilge pump
- paddle & spare paddle
- toilet shovel
- gear & rubbish bags
- Handheld VHF radios are provided with all trips.
- cellphone coverage is available in most paddling areas
So you have a safe and enjoyable trip, we provide help & full instruction on:
- Packing, paddling and steering of kayaks
- Safety and the use of all safety gear
- Help on planning your trip, pointing out areas of interest / possible hazards / wind directions and possible conditions that these could create
- All kayaks are transported to & from the lake by us
- Your safety is a priority. We can be contacted for assistance, weather updates etc on your VHF (2 way) radio which is provided free of charge with all rentals
You will need to bring:
drinks, food, sunhat, sunblock, sunglasses, insect repellent, camera (& lots of film/memory/spare batteries), rainjacket, comfortable soft shoes, swimwear and towel, warm sweater and extra clothing. If overnight camping you will need all necessary equipment for camping (cooking and camping equipment can be hired locally in Te Anau).
Total trip time: 1 day or more
Lake Manapouri – Prices (minimum 2 people)
|1 Day||$ 50.00 per person|
|2 Days||$ 90.00 per person|
|3 Days||$ 130.00 per person|
|4 Days||$ 165.00 per person|
Season: operating late October to mid April.
NOTE: WE DO NOT RENT TO SOLO PADDLERS AND WE DO NOT OFFER RENTALS FOR ANY OTHER WATERWAY OTHER THAN LAKE MANAPOURI.
Groups will need to be water confident with previous kayaking experience (minimum of 3 full days previous experience required and groups to have previously paddled in exposed/windy water ways also). Good knowledge and experience in the outdoors is required for overnight camping. Minimum age of 15 years with children needing to have previous kayaking experience.