A very special place…
Welcome to Fiordland. Lake Manapouri, is a special area that we are privileged to visit and operate in.
Come and experience this area by joining us on the water on a lake cruise – these can be combined with walking options.
We guarantee your visit to Lake Manapouri will be a memorable one.
We are experienced owner/operators with this being our 24th season in the business that was personally established by Reg and Jo. Our operation is based in Manapouri – we have sold our office so please contact us by phone or email.
We are committed to protecting the natural environment in which we live and work – we have an unblemished safety record and comply with all regulating bodies in the surrounding area.
We follow recommended practices for sustainability and recycling within the environment.
We are involved in the ongoing restoration of Pomona Island on Lake Manapouri – there are now kiwi and mohua on the lsland with more endangered bird species being introduced over time.
We are no longer offering any kayak rentals.
We look forward to meeting you and sharing our part of Fiordland with you.
Kind regards, Reg and Jo
Information about what we have to offer and our operation
What we offer:
We have many different options available to cater for your time in the area.
- Hire of personal locator beacons for your personal safety and comfort in remote locations.
- Scenic boat cruises (with or without walking options) on Lake Manapouri
- Parking area and toilets are located nearby our departure point at Pearl Harbour.
About our operation
Our vessel – ‘Adventurer 1’ is used for scenic lake cruises on Lake Manapouri. Many options can be offered including the opportunity to undertake short walks in areas that are only accessible by boat.
We also offer water taxi transport for locals and contractors requiring to get to and from West Arm or other destinations on the lake.
‘Adventurer 1’ is operated under a safety and survey system (MOSS) where the vessel is surveyed when required and carries all appropriate safety and emergency equipment.
To be allowed to operate in this area we are required to have a concession with the Department of Conservation (they control the Fiordland National Park including Lake Manapouri and any people that operate commercially within it) – our concession No. is 36389 – GUI.
Important points of note in regard to our operation and the area;
- We are open year round for cruise/walk options so please contact us directly by phone or email to discuss options that can be offered.
- Fiordland is situated in an area on the Southwestern corner of the South Island. It is a mountainous area that can sometimes be subject to rapidly changing weather patterns – every care is taken to ensure your safety and enjoyment at all times. As with all outdoor activities there is a degree of risk that is minimised with our Audited Safety Plan.